Bodegas Frontonio, Valdejalón, Aragón
Named after Saint Frontonio, the patron saint of the village of Épilon on the banks of the river Jalón. Legend has it he was beheaded by the Romans, his head thrown in the Ebro River, yet it appeared upstream days later, going against the current suited the feel of the project for the three partners, Fernando Mora MW, Mario López and Francisco Latasa. They own 30 hectares of vineyards around the banks of the Jalón at altitudes from 300 to 600m. Growing primarily Garnacha Tinta and Blanca, their jewel is an old Macabeo vineyard planted in 1890. The Cuevas de Arom range is a new project made in conjunction with cooperative growers in Ainzón, Campo de Borja.
Courtesy of www.spanishwinelover.com